Hope for Kids Volunteer Requirements
Each volunteer is vital to our work with the kids.
Thank you for your interest in partnering with us!
“For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
- Ephesians 2:10 -
COMPLETE SCREENING STEPS:
- Fill out the Volunteer Application (all ages)
- Under 18: have guardian complete Consent Form
- Complete an interview with the Volunteer Coordinator: contact us to schedule
- Complete the Protect My Ministry Application (over 18) prior to Event
- Agree to a CORI check (all ages; bring completed form and valid ID to first Event)
IN ADDITION, YOU AGREE TO:
Event day responsibility:
- Wear your Hope for Kids t-shirt (if you do not have one, ask for one at Registration)
- Check in at the Front Desk upon arrival
- Fill out and wear a name tag
- Attend pre-event meeting/New Volunteer Orientation
- Children under age 13 must have a completed Permission Slip (kept on file for 1 year)
- Must be signed in at Front Desk upon arrival to Event
- Children of volunteers must remain with their age-appropriate group.
- Volunteers should not have their own children in their group unless they are age-appropriate or at least the age of 12 and signed in as a volunteer.
The success and effectiveness of our events depend upon our volunteers fulfilling their commitments. Contact us immediately by calling or texting 413-566-6291 if you need to cancel. Last minutes callouts affect the quality of the program and put strain on those volunteers in attendance.
No Call/No Show:
Not serving on your scheduled day without notification puts stress on the program and volunteers. There will be a follow up phone call by the Volunteer Coordinator.